I recently posted on 6 Reasons Why I Won’t Have a Pool and got some comments back. . . . . . so here are some Alternative Views.
- Heat Relief – Dive in to cool off on a sweltering day. One suggestion I received was have a TV installed so you can watch it from the pool.
- Keeping Children Occupied – Playing in the pool can keep children occupied for hours, and gets them away from the computer games.
- Relaxing - The resort effect can put you in a holiday mood.
- Exercise - Even if the pool is not big enough to swim lengths there are resistance exercises such as Water Aerobics.
- Parties - Great location for family pool party.
- Emergencies - The pool water can be used to fight a bush fires. Pool water should only be used as a last resort as it can contaminate tank water, kill plants, and cause corrosion on unprotected steel.
I’m still not convinced, but if you think you might want a pool it should be considered before you buy a block and plan your home.