Presentation of your existing house, or staging as its now known, is important to make sure you get the most money for your new house.
Probably the best look is a de-cluttered home. If you remove all the homely touches it can look a bit sterile
Here are some more tips to make sure it looks the best for the photographs, and for Inspection Days.
- Outside Keep cars out of site, mow lawns, remove weeds, bottle & glasses for an outdoor setting.
- Kitchen Remove all fridge magnets, no dirty or clean dishes in sight, i.e. not like this photo!
- Bathrooms Matching bathroom towels, remove toiletries.
- Bedrooms Beds made neatly with clean linen, Just a light and a clock on bedside tables.
- Living Rooms Get Fresh flowers and fill the fruit bowl, remove any bright cushions.
- Pets Remove pet basket and bowls and make sure the pet is somewhere else.
- General De-clutter including removing toys and perhaps some of the furniture
- On The Day Turn on Heating in Winter and air conditioning in Summer. All lights to be on.
If you want professional help there are quite a few people offering to provide staging assistance. A basic service will cost $2-3,000 rising to more than $10,000, which will include loaning different furniture.
To find out how builders stage their display homes see this link: Show House Tricks